How much money is required to book our event?
We require 50% at the time of booking. This amount converts your reservation to an event. The remaining balance is required to be paid in full one week prior to the event reservation. You are allowed to make payments by calling the park office at 770-504-2277. We accept credit cards as well as personal/business checks.
Georgia State Parks require a $5.00 parking fee within their parks. When your guests are attending your event at Idlewilde, stop by the kiosk and tell them you are attending an event at Idlewilde. The parking fee is waived. Our kiosk workers have a daily list printed of park events. If you decide to move your vehicle from the Idlewilde parking lot, you will need to pay the parking fee elsewhere in the park, including rented cabins and camping area.
Indian Springs State Park has cottages available and nearby 'The Village at Indian Springs' also have rentals to accommodate your event.
Also, if we wanted to use the venue for 2-3 hours the day before for rehearsal would that be the $500 that I see listed on the price list?
Yes, the fee is the same and the center is available to you from 10AM until 10PM. If your event is a wedding, you will have the opportunity to decorate and rehearse.
Using the center’s tables and chairs ($200.00)
A week in advance of your event, please let us know how many tables and chairs you will need. We will pull the tables and chairs for you. Simply, give us your layout and we will do our best to set everything up for you. After the event, it is very helpful if you can form a team to help put the table and chairs back in the storage closet.
Some event venues give you a portion of your money back if there are no damages after the event. Is that also something that Idlewilde does?
Currently, we are not requiring a deposit for any damage(s) to the facility. If anything is damaged, it will be your responsibility to pay for the repair(s) immediately. We will notify the cost(s) of the repairs.
As for cleaning up afterwards who would we be responsible for this task?
We require all trash to be removed from the center after the event and any other items belonging to you. We have a dumpster conveniently located in the back of the building and we provide rolling trashcans, rolling cart, and the trashcan liners.
As for alcohol being served, is it required that an officer is present or is that optional?
It is allowed inside the building and within the parking area of the event center. If you choose to sell the alcohol, you will need to register with the Georgia Department of Revenue. A link is available on their website. You will provide the center with a copy of the permit. We encourage a security officer(s) during the event if alcohol is being served.
What is a caterer’s kitchen?
Most venues require you to use their food service. We don’t provide a food service, only recommendations. The kitchen is available for the caterer of YOUR choice. They need to bring everything required to serve the event meal. We provide two commercial warming ovens, a full range and stovetop, ice machine, microwave, three rolling food carts, trashcan liners, and cleaning tools (mop, bucket, broom, vacuum, etc.).
Below are suggested directions to get to Indian Springs State Park and Idlewilde Event Center.
I-20 EAST towards Covington
- Exit 93 Hwy. 142 Hazelbrand Road.
- Turn right and proceed 2 miles.
- Cross over GA 278 and proceed 7 miles.
- At the redlight, turn left onto GA 36W and travel 23 miles Jackson.
- At the redlight (CVS), turn left onto GA 16 and 3rd Street in Jackson.
- Travel 3 miles and veer right on GA 42S/US 23.
- Continue 5 miles. The park entrance will be on your right.
- Follow the brown park signs to Idlewilde Event Center.
I-20 WEST towards Madison
- Exit 113 Shady Dale/Monticello.
- Turn left onto GA 83S.
- Travel 22 miles Monticello.
- At the redlight on the town square, turn right.
- Half-way around the square, follow the signs to GA 16 – Jackson and proceed 14 miles.
- At the 4-way stop sign, turn left onto Higgins Road.
- At the next stop sign (Dollar General) turn right.
- Make a quick left onto GA 42S towards Indian Springs State Park.
- Continue 1.5 miles.
- The park entrance will be on your right. Follow the brown park signs to Idlewilde Event Center.
I-75 SOUTH towards Macon
- Take Exit 205 GA 16 and turn left.
- Continue to Jackson and proceed 10 miles.
- In town, veer right onto GA 42S/US23.
- Continue 5 miles.
- The park will be on your right. Follow the brown park signs to Idlewilde Event Center.
1-75 NORTH towards Jackson
- Exit 188 at Forsyth.
- Proceed 12 miles on GA 42 to Indian Springs State Park.
- The park will be on your left. Follow the brown park signs to Idlewilde Event Center.
Reserve Event Space Today
Contact us today with any questions or to reserve one of our event spaces for your special occasion or meeting.
Phone: 470 707 8071 or 770 504 2277